Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ups and downs

Beau did good last night until we got home. His wheezing is worse, his breathing is shallow and labored. I held him last night as we both fell asleep. I wish something would put the brakes on this disease, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I took him in the truck with me to the gym this morning. He was slow eating his last meal last night and it contained ground chuck. He didn't finish his breakfast this morning. I had egg whites in my breakfast and gave him the yolks. This has been one of his favorites. He didn't finish them. I'm afraid this isn't going well. His eyes don't tell me it's time, but I don't know how much time we have left. This is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through with an animal. Rayette and Broderick lived to almost 16 and were visibly sick and ready to go. Toby took a bad turn one day and that was it. Cody did the same thing. I came home and Xica was gone. This day by day is the most painful thing I think I've done with a dog.

No comments: